Friday, February 12, 2010

Full of funnies!

Yesterday was X-man's birthday (and the Sunday before was Buttercup's).

He kept telling me that in the night, his legs grew longer and he was bigger now because he was four!

Well, before naptime, after Buttercup went down for her nap, I was reading X-man a book. He started kissing me and said, "Mommy, it's nice to give kisses and hugs and snuggles of love!" I smiled, said, "Yes, it is!" and gave him some kisses. He looked up at me and said, "Mommy, don't kiss me!" Ha!

Later I had the kids color some thank you cards for some friends of ours who gave them some birthday presents. I asked X-man what he wanted to say in his card and here's what I wrote down for him:

Thank you for the Toy Story book.
I love you.
Amen.

I cracked up as I wrote it!

And then he even wrote his own name! All by himself! I don't think anyone but me would recognize that's what it was without my translations of some of the letters, but I was so proud of him. I even had him write his name again on another piece of paper so I could keep it. It's so cute!

As for Buttercup, she's definitely got the 'tude of a two year old. She loves to say no and in fact, sometimes I think she's just saying no because she likes the word! And now that she has figured out about the words yep and nope, she likes to say those, too. However, we really work with the kids to get them to answer with yes, ma'am and yes, sir instead of yea, or uh-huh. So the other day, I asked Buttercup a question and she said, "Yep. Yes, ma'am. No yep!" She's going to get it figured out!

No comments: